- started from one photo.
- cropped the image to just the panda.
- drew lines where the front leg is since it’s all basically black/shadow.
- scaled the image to be only 20 pixels wide while shrinking it less vertically for a stitch aspect ratio of 5/7.
- played with the posterize function a bit, then canceled it.
- got out pencil mode with a one-pixel paintbrush and started picking my colors.
Last week I was mulling on the problem of automatically putting black lines around each stitch. I finally got a Python-fu program working within gimp to make:
By the way, we're home today while someone works on the generator system, making it so we can run the house from a backup generator.